If you would like to refer your friends please direct them to > Jobs @ HP – or through – www.hp.com/go/jobs.
Graduate/Junior Field Engineer – Responsibilities:
- Interact with Customer to ensure Customer satisfaction following established procedures.
- Perform installations, reinstallations, maintenance, and repairs on Customer equipment.
- Configure system hardware, software and network components.
- Deliver standard services.
- Provide advanced product support for volume products.
- Provide break-fix reactive support and installation for low-end/mid-end and high-end products
Education and Experience Required:
- Minimum Diploma/ Associate Degree (technical field, i.e. National Diploma in IT) equivalent with 1-2 years of working experience in related fields, or A+/N+ with less than 1 year relevant working experience.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Relevant product (Networking & Servers) /company knowledge.
- Basic and complex troubleshooting skills.
- Basic analytical and communications skills.
- Proficient in professional oral, written and telephone communication skills.
- Fundamental presentation skills.
- Ability to gather relevant information systematically and to solve problems, anticipates needs, develop and propose solutions and gain agreement.
- Ability to build and maintain on-going relationships with customers peers and support partners.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with people at all levels.
- Perform reporting and administrative functions. Manage time effectively.
- Assist the customer with on-going product training on device features and best practices during routine preventative maintenance or break/fix engagements.
- Perform routine maintenance and repairs on Customer equipment (hardware only) working primarily on site.
- Consistently meet response time or Customer scheduled time.
- Reactive services completed on first visit.
- Accurate documentation of time in call management system.
- Proper logistics management, no expensed parts due to engineer.
- Effective time management to minimize overtime.
- Engage escalation process in a timely fashion
- Identify Customer needs and evaluate opportunities to retain and increase service levels.